Conditions of Hire
CONDITIONS OF HIRE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- Open hours are Monday- Friday 10am- 4pm (Unless arranged with CLTHD management prior to appointment.)
- 48 HOUR FITTING RENTALS: Any clothing will be charged the 48-hour rate if returned by closing on the second business day.
- This rate is for fittings only, and if used for a shoot the full weekly rental fee will be charged. Full weekly fee will be charged for 48hr and refunded the difference upon return if within the stipulated time frame. Otherwise full weekly fee will be charged.
- WEEKLY RENTALS: To be returned within 7 days, by the close of business by the end of the 7th day. (1 full week.) Unless otherwise authorised by CLTHD LTD.
- PRODUCTION RATES: Weeks 1-2 hire are charged at the full weekly rate. Weeks 3-4 are charged at 75% of the weekly rate.
- Weeks 5-8 are charged at 50% of the weekly rate. The hire cycle restarts after 8 weeks back to full price and the cycle restarts.
- All items rented must be returned to CLTHD on or before the rental period expires.
- If checking out more than 10 items, please allow 24 hours for stock to be checked out, unless previously agreed with CLTHD.
- RETURNS: Please contact CLTHD with an expected 2-hour return window for all returns.
- The Hirer is CLTHD LTD, 46C The Mall, Leyton Industrial Village, London E10 7QP
- The Hiree is the person or business named on the purchase order or rental agreement. If the business address for communication and service of the Hiree is not in the United Kingdom, then the agent named on the same shall be jointly and severally liable with the Hiree to CLTHD LTD for all terms and conditions of the hire and the address for the communication and service for the Hiree shall be the agent.
- All transactions with CLTHD LTD are to be on the Hiree’s order form, quoting item and hire charges as agreed for the period of 48 hrs/ weekly basis. All items to be covered by official order showing registered business address and VAT no
RENTAL PAYMENTS AND AUTHORISATION
- We accept credit cards & bank transfers.
- Final invoices will be charged at the time of collection. Stock will not be released until payment has been authorised.
- A valid ID & major credit cards are required at the time of the pull.
- Rental payments due will be captured from the authorised credit card unless an alternate card is provided wohen payment is due.
- A purchase order is required from the production company ahead of the hire release.
LOSS/DAMAGE AND INSURANCE
- The Hiree agrees that during the hire period (FROM LEAVING THE CLTHD PREMISES TO BEING RETURNED TO CLTHD PREMISES) the items shall be kept in good repair and condition. Items that are not returned, or returned damaged or altered, will be charged at the insurance risk value as detailed on the hire. It is the responsibility of the Hiree to insure with reputable insurers. The insurance must cover the risk values against loss or damage from the time of collection until return. CLTHD reserves the right to request a certificate of insurance.
- Alterations are only acceptable if previously discussed with CLTHD management, a fee will be applied for alterations. Altered items are considered damaged and will be charged a damage/replacement fee.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
- Rentals must be picked up from our location at CLTHD HEAD OFFICE during our office opening hours.
- Please contact CLTHD with an expected 2-hour return window for all returns.
DRY CLEANING AND LAUNDRY
- All Items are expected to be returned cleaned.
- All worn items must be dry cleaned & deodorised before they can be marked as returned. Do not attempt to hand wash or machine wash any merchandise.
- Any items worn are required to be cleaned. If it has been worn it is considered USED.
- Dry cleaned items must be returned in the dry cleaning packaging.
- Items returned not dry cleaned will automatically be charged a dry cleaning fee of £40 per item and will be charged to your authorised credit card. Specialty items including gowns, leather, and/or embellished items may result in higher cleaning fees determined by CLTHD LTD.
INDEMNITY & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- The Hiree shall indemnify CLTHD LTD against all claims, expenses and legal costs in respect of damage, injury or loss arising directly or indirectly from the use or condition of the item. No warranty of fitness of purpose is given by CLTHD LTD. The Hiree is respectfully reminded of copyright legislation and for them to ensure that any necessary clearance, permission or releases have been properly obtained before using any item. CLTHD LTD shall not be liable for any complaint or claim infringement of any copyright or other rights.
- In certain circumstances CLTHD LTD may request a surety on behalf of the Hiree. The essential terms of the surety shall be to guarantee to CLTHD LTD the due performance by the Hiree of all the hire terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding any other terms or dispensation agreed with or granted to the Hiree, the surety shall at all times be liable for the performance of all terms of the agreement, including but not limited to payment for loss or damage of any items.
- All packing bags will be supplied free of charge for the hire period but will be charged to the hirer if not returned.
- A charge of 10GBP will be assessed for unreturned tote bags.
- A charge of 25GBP will be assessed for unreturned laundry bags.
- No hangers will leave with the hire.
- Once a pull is collected and taken out of CLTHD, you will be financially responsible for the quoted rental fee. We are not responsible for cancellations of shoots/productions, change of dates or casting, etc.
- A restocking fee of 10% of the hire cost will be charged for full pulls cancelled prior to pick up.
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the hire cost will be made for confirmed orders cancelled 24hrs before collection.
- Collection and returns of goods is by the hiree, unless pre-arranged to the contrary where this service is to be agreed in email between parties.
CLTHD will notify the email on file of any mis returns. Items not picked up after 45 days of notice will become property of
- All parties agree that English law shall apply and that they shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.